One thing I’m still trying to do is to bake more. Not only is it very therapeutic but it does mean you know what has gone in to the food you eat… I’ve also been trying new recipes.
One problem I run in to quite frequently is that I don’t have all the ingredients for each recipe I want to try so I mix and match with what I actually have in the house based on things that I think are similar.
This is my mixed up recipe for Spiced Chocolate Muffins 🙂
- 100g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 100g Soft Brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150ml Creme Fraiche
- 5 tbsp Milk
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Mixed Spice
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Put all the ingredients except the Chocolate Chips in to a food processor
- Blitz until mixed
- Add the Chocolate Chips and pulse mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Divide mixture between 12 muffin cases
- Bake in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 5 for 25 – 30 mins
- Remove from oven and when they have cooled for a few mins (so you don’t burn yourself) transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- If they last long enough put them in to an airtight tin/box to store
These are really delicious when they are still slightly warm fresh from the oven. They also go well if they are served warm with clotted cream……